Wednesday 11 January 2012

Fear - Part 3

IMG_2612_fear_title
So I can hardly up sticks and move somewhere to be a missionary. That would be irresponsible with a young family, and also not in agreement with my personality, character and the person God has created me to be.
And I'm not going to start random conversations with strangers on the bus just to feel that I've achieved some evangelistical tick-list!

So how do I ensure that my life, everyday, in the nitty-gritty here and now makes a difference?
How do I make sure that my life is one of significance?

Here's a few ideas for starters:
- I can train up my child in the way that he should go - Proverbs 22:6
- I can speak kind words - Proverbs 16:24
- I can trust in God - Proverbs 3:5-6
- I can welcome people into my home, family and community - 1 Peter 4:9
- I can speak truth - Psalm 15:1-3

And I'm sure there are more.
I think it's a good place to start because these things feel do-able, achievable, possible!
They are challenging but encouraging!

So, what do you think?
What things do you fear?
What can you do about it?
Can you add to my list?


















So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

No comments: