Tuesday 3 January 2012

12 in 2012 - Part 3

12 in 2012 blog title

So here are the last few items of my 12 in 2012 list...and you'll see some of them are a little more fun!

9. To encourage and uplift the women in my life
It's not that I don't want to encourage the men in my life, but I do have a heart for women that I can't explain. I hope that over the next 12 months I can learn to grow in areas of encouragement and kindness towards all the women that I encounter. That I can build them up, love them and share with them in many ways.

10. To compare myself with others less
I think this is possibly associated with numbers 3 and 4, but I know that I have placed the comparison game (and lost) far too much in 2011. So I'm praying that God will prod me (gently) when I begin to compare anything about my life with others...this is a difficult lesson that is taking a long time to work through!

11. To wear a dress or skirt at least once a week...and not just on a Sunday!
Over the last couple of years I have added a few dresses and skirts to my wardrobe with the intention of wearing them only to find that I have a tendency to pull on the same, predictable items (usually jeans) day-by-day! Obviously, the weather in Scotland doesn't always lend itself to certain ladylike fashions, but I'd like to be a bit more adventurous and actually wear some of the things in my wardrobe and not worry so much about what other people might think (see number 10!)
Plus, I just think it will be fun! And I may share photos of my outfits!

12. To do more stuff with my hair
Again, this is one for fun...and to try and get me out of a hair rut!
I tend to either straighten my hair and wear it down or just tie it up in a quick ponytail. My morning routine doesn't often allow time for faffing around with different hairstyles, but I would like to be a bit more adventurous and expand my hair repertoire! A decent haircut may be a good start!!!

So, there's my list...12 things to work on in 2012.
I'll try to report on how I'm getting on each month...so 12 reports across the year! You're allowed to keep me accountable and make sure I'm honest in my efforts!

What do you think?
Do you have any plans for this New Year? Any things that you'd like to grow in or develop over the next 12 months?

Let's encourage each other to aim high and stay strong throughout the year!

No comments: