Thursday 11 February 2010

The Renewal

Ok, so recently I’ve been a little down on myself.
I am grateful for the work that God is doing in me and how He is revealing some of the stuff in my heart. It’s hard and pretty messy, but it’s also necessary.

God is taking the time to do a few things in me. To deconstruct the wrong thoughts, beliefs and ideas I have about myself. To heal the hurts and brokenness this wrong thinking has caused. And to reveal my true identity.

My character, personality and uniqueness. As He sees it…in His own words…

For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.
Deuteronomy 7:6

I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
Isaiah 41:9

It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.
Ephesians 1:11-12

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
1 Peter 2:9

He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.
2 Samuel 22:20

The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.
Psalm 147:11

For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.
Psalm 149:4

The king is enthralled by your beauty; honour him, for he is your lord.
Psalm 45:11

God told them, "I've never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love!”
Jeremiah 31:3

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:14

Are there areas that God needs to work in you?
To deconstruct wrong beliefs?
To heal any hurts?
To reveal your true identity?

No comments: