Wednesday 15 April 2009

Why?

So, I wasn’t sure if I should have written this post when I started blogging, but I didn’t, I just started. And now I’m not sure if I need to write it at all, if anyone is really bothered, if anyone even reads the things I write here!

But because I want to, and because I can if I want to, I’m going to write it now…and explain a little about why I blog.
There are many reasons why I thought having a blog would be a good idea…so in no particular order here are some of my thoughts…

1. I like to think and I like to write. Having a blog gives me the space to write down my thoughts, and my thoughts about my thoughts. To explore the things going on in my head. That’s how I learn and understand. And documenting it helps me to see my journey, my progress, my growth.

2. I like to dream and to hope. A blog provides an outlet for my hopes and dreams to become more, to take form and to grow.

3. I like to be inspired. By words, pictures, people, places…all sorts of things can ignite a spark in me. This blog offers a space to record those things that catch my eye, my ear and my heart. Those things that pull on something inside and inspire me to grow, change, step out of my comfort zone, be creative and experience life. And maybe I can inspire someone else too.

4. I like to be creative. I just can’t help it. Whether with art or words or other little things, I like to create, to experiment, to try. I enjoy the creativeness of an amazing God and I enjoy the creative heart he has placed in me. I love photography although I’m only a complete beginner. This blog allows me to share my endeavours and plot my experiments and progress as I get out and about with my camera. I enjoy sewing and making things and hopefully I’ll be able to share some of that on here too. (I also like dancing but my dancing creations only make an appearance at very, very special occasions!)

5. I like to share. I don’t know what it is about me, but when I see something that touches me, challenges me or something I enjoy, I can’t shut up about it! Ask my husband…he knows how much I can talk about things! I just like to share things, even the things that go on in my head! So this is also a space where I can share. I only write about the things above because I want to share them…my thoughts, my dreams, my hopes, my inspirations, my creations…shared with you.

So, there you have it…some of the reasons why I blog.

No comments: