Sunday 26 April 2009

The Little White Island

Last weekend we were fortunate and had lovely weather, a rare occurance for our location at this time of year. We tried to make the most of it and headed out to the seaside for a few hours.

I love being near the sea. It's just so refreshing!

Anyhow, whilst I was looking around at the scenery I noticed that Bass Rock, a small island just of the coast, was looking very white. At first I thought it must be covered with white flowers or blossom, but upon closer inspection, I noticed that the white was actually from the birds that were landing on it. And there were so many birds that the island literally turns white!

IMG_9699a

Why they choose to land on this island and not the other ones nearby I have no idea. But I thought it was pretty cool!
If you look closely you can see them flying around the island.

IMG_9700a

No comments: