Tuesday 14 April 2009

Embracing the Season

IMG_9205a

Recently I have been thinking a lot about time, God’s time…or rather God’s timing.

In our humanness we are bound to think about time in seconds, minutes, hours, days. We think about yesterday, today and tomorrow. We live by day and night. But God doesn’t.
God created time for us, but he is not limited by it like we are. He does not think in terms of days and weeks, but rather moments and seasons.

One thing I have noticed is that as women we tend to endure the season we are in, rather than enjoying it. When we are single, we want to be married. When we are studying, we want to be working. When we are married, we miss our independence or we long to become mothers. We are always looking to the next thing, maybe the things those around us have, the things we think will make us more complete.

I know that I sometimes struggle to be truly satisfied with the season I am in right now. I often think to the future and long for the things in my heart to be available now. I know that I question why God sometimes makes me wait; I wonder what I am meant to be learning or what changes I need to make.

For us to grow strong, we must sometimes grow slowly. And sometimes the learning is in the waiting and the process, not in the gaining and having.

As the Easter weekend has passed, I have thought more about why God chooses to do things when He does and how He chooses to do them. I don’t always understand how His timing works, but I believe that His timing is the best.

I still long for things in my future, I still wonder when it will be my time to live out the things in my heart. But in the meantime I don’t want to live a life where I endure each day. I want to enjoy every day, every hour, every minute and second.

And so for that reason I am choosing to enjoy the moments and embrace my current season.

No comments: