Monday 11 June 2012

12 in 2012...minus 10

12 in 2012 blog title
If I'm totally honest, I knew that attempting to tackle 12 goals at once in one year was never going to end well. What can I say? I aim high!

Things were already becoming unstuck by March, then we found out I was pregnant. Throwing up constantly for almost 12 weeks and falling alseep whenever I was still for longer than 10 seconds didn't help (I know, excuses, excuses)!

But I still hoped to get back on track. Then we found out we were going to have twins, and I made the very sensible decision to leave my 12 things at the feet of God and only allow his expectations of me to define the next season of my life (this is a work in progress, by the way).

In my defence however, I have managed to craft a bit more over the last few months (no photos I'm afraid) and have made some lovely bunting out of a couple of saris I've had for years. And, thanks to the good weather, I wore a dress for three days in a row a couple of weeks ago!

However, rather than continue on completely goal-less, I have reduced my ambitions to the following...

1. To love the Lord my God with all my heart, all my soul and all my mind.

2. To love my family, friends and those I 'do life with'.

and 3. To be more willing to ask for help and support and not try to 'soldier on' and cope with things.

I think these will be more than enough for 2012...and beyond!


I am still hoping to continue with the 12 classic films in 2012. So far we've watched Rain Man and Spinal Tap (Phil's choice, surprisingly I'd already seen it). I am working through previous recommendations but others are warmly welcomed!

No comments: