Tuesday 12 June 2012

Dirty glasses


I wear glasses. It's nothing new...I've been wearing them for almost 22 years now. Without them I am pretty hopeless. Sometimes, if I drop them, I can't find them!

Recenetly my glasses seem to always be dirty. Covered in greasy smears and dirty prints. Dusted with a selection of the day's make-up, muck and grime. It's not very pleasant. And it hinders my sight.

Sometimes I find myself avoiding cleaning my glasses because it will stop me from doing what I am doing. Because it will be a distraction, a hassle, an effort. I'd rather sit with a mucky view than take the time to clear what I can see.

Sometimes I find myself avoiding reading my Bible because it will stop me from doing what I am doing. Because it will be a distraction, a hassle, an effort. Even though I knew it will change my view and clear up my perspective.

Pretty sad isn't it?!

No comments: