Monday 7 February 2011

naive tragedy

So, Brian Houston just tweeted this...





and it just made me go 'yes!' inside.

I'm a girl with a simple faith. I believe in God. And I believe that God can do great, amazing, miraculous things because he says he can, and because he has done in the past and he doesn't change. I choose to believe in the smallness of me and in the greatness of God.

There are some situations going on around me at the moment and I feel as though it is the 'norm' to just accept that things are going to be the way they are. But in my heart I don't want that. In my heart I long to see the things that could be.

I want to see restoration.
I want to see redemption.
I want to see wholeness.
I want to see love.

I believe that these things are possible because I believe in a God that wants to see these things too. And I believe in a God who has the power, love, grace and kindness to bring these things into our situations and our lives.

God's gifts to us are hope in things we do not see, and an ability to change with his help.

Some people might say that I'm naive. But I think I'd rather be this way than complacent, or apathetic, or sceptical.
I hope I never stop having hope and seeing how things could be.

No comments: