Tuesday 22 February 2011

Loving your story

So, I was totally gonna write a completely different post about twitter and prayer and stuff...

But then I watched this, and my thoughts strolled (actually I think they skipped) down a different path and I wanted to share.

As I have said before on this blog, I love Jasmine Star. I love her passion for people and her art. I love her humility and desire to share and teach those around her. And I love her story.
Whenever I have watched the videos she has produced (see her website for some more) I have found it hard not to love her story. I have found it hard not to love her.

As her latest film came to an end, I found myself thinking about how great her story is and how I would love to have a story like that. And look as glamorous in front of a camera like that! In other words, how I would love to have a life like that.

Then I stopped myself. I don't want to spend/waste my time loving someone else's life.
I want to love, enjoy, cherish, celebrate my own life.

So often, and so easily, I fall into the trap of comparison. Which only leads to envy, jealousy, coveting, bitterness, depression. I think it's something that women struggle with more than men and something that the modern, western, media-obsessed culture uses/exploits.

I am so blessed in so many ways, and I'm so excited about the potential and possibilities in my future. And I'm so glad that I can give God the control and allow the story he has already written for me come to be.

I love that we can love each others' stories and cheer and encourage each other on. I love that we can write our stories together, not alone.

I pray that today, and every day, I learn to love my story as it unfolds. Every second, every minute, every moment, every opportunity.
And I pray that I learn to uplift and encourage those around me as they live out their stories too.

No comments: