Monday 31 August 2009

Being Thankful

I'm starting to learn what it means to be happy and thankful no matter what the situation or circumstances. I can't say I'm there yet, I still have a long way to go (one that involves less whining I think!)...but I think I'm on the right road!

Over the past few days we have relocated from one side of the city to the other. We are now much nearer to our friends, and we live literally over the road from church! We're not quite there yet with the unpacking, and life still feels a little chaotic! But surrounded by boxes and bubble wrap, and amidst all the craziness and tiredness, I can say that I'm happy and I'm thankful.

I'm thankful for my amazing husband who has spent fours days solidly carrying boxes and other heavy objects to the car, from the car and up numerous stairs. I think he's gone to work today for a break! And I'm thankful for his determination to unpack and make the new place a home. He totally deserves a massage and cold beer!

I'm thankful for all the people in our small group who turned up to help us move boxes last Wednesday evening. What they managed to shift in 30 minutes would have taken us (Phil) days! Life is so much better when we are in community and can help each other. I'm so thankful for that.

I'm thankful for the strong men who helped Phil to lift the big furniture. And I'm thankful that I didn't break any nails trying to lift the big furniture!!! Only kidding!

I'm thankful that we are fortunate to have a lovely new flat and lots of things that need moving. We really are blessed.

And I'm thankful that God has taken care of us so well. He has truly provided for us and looked after us. Even when I have had little faith God has been faithful. And when I have felt lost and confused, He has guided me. I am thankful that I can be so excited about my life and my future because I can have a hope in God.

What can you be thankful for today?

Happy Mondays xxx
IMG_0512a

No comments: