Monday 31 December 2012

2012 - a review

2013 background with text

2013 is my year of Eucharisteo and Eshet chayil...hopefully.
So, why not start now and take a look at the last 12 months using these same themes...

Eucharisteo
I'd like to close 2012 with gratitude. To give thanks for all that God has given to us this year and truly appreciate His care and provision.
As I look back I am so thankful for:
- my boys. The growth, development and blossoming of my eldest. I love the boy you are becoming and the joy you bring to us. And the addition of two new, precious, adorable people. I'm so excited to get to know you better and for what the next 12 months holds for us.
- Phil. My supporter, encourager, team mate and best friend. I could not have got through some of the harder parts of the last year if it wasn't for you. I love you x
- my family. For their constant support and help. And for always being at the end of a phone when I need them.
- my church family. The practical help and provision they have shown us as a family over the last year has been a real blessing. We are truly thankful and are loving growing stronger together as a family and community.
- Inter:act. I loved it so much...and would still love to start a 2nd year program...maybe at the East Lothian campus (my house)!!!
- God's faithfulness. In every season, in every circumstance. God has always been there. And He has cared for me more than I could ever know. Thank you Lord for loving me.

Eshet chayil
To all the women of valour who have inspired, encouraged, comforted, cried, laughed and rejoiced with me in 2012, I am so blessed and thankful to call you friends and family.

The inter:act ladies - Hannah, Kay, Vicky, Kathy, Ely - I loved getting to know you more during inter:act and am so grateful that God has blessed me with beautiful friends. Thank you for drawing alongside me and drawing parts of me out. I loved getting to know you during the 9 month course and am very grateful that you stuck with me through the snot and tears...I'm sure there is much more to come and I can't wait to embrace it with you all by my side!!!

My home girls - Kerrie, Susanna, Louise, Lorna, Jo, Sallie - These are the ladies that have helped in so many ways to make Edinburgh home. Words cannot express how your time, conversation, cups of tea, encouragement, tissues and many other things have blessed me this year. Again, I'm looking forward to all 2013 has for us. I hope we can spur each other on and support each other in many ways. I am not ashamed to say I need your friendship.

My email buddy - Alison - Things have changed quite a bit for us both since January 2012. And only God knows where we will each be in January 2014! I loved, and needed, our daily email conversations when we were supposed to be working. Thank you for encouraging me and challenging me and reading my endless worries. And thank you for making me laugh. Sometimes so much I would cry and snort at my desk!!!

My family - Mum, Heather, Glenda - Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I couldn't possible list the many, many, many ways you have loved, blessed, supported and helped me this last year. I am so blessed to have you as my family.

To all of you - I am the woman I am today because of you. I am challenged and inspired because of you. I can be vulnerable and accountable because of you. I am cheered and uplifted because of you. Thank you.
And thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for all the practical help you gave in the last few months of my pregnancy and when the twins arrived. You blessed my family and enabled us to stay sane! I love you all x

No comments: