Tuesday 18 December 2012

Restless

Sleep is taken in short shifts around here...or rather its grabbed when it can be!
And I'm restless.

But it's not really because of the lack of sleep.
There is something stirring in my heart, in my spirit, in my head.
Or a stronger stirring of previous ones, a re-stoking, refining, building of things that have grown over the last few months and years.

It could just be that I'm on the brink of a serious congested head cold (combined with extreme tiredness) but it feels more like I'm on the verge of something more significant. A tipping point. Possibly (hopefully) an avalanche of sorts. Of creativity, of community, of love.

I'm desperate to share more...to understand a bit more for myself, but for now we'll have to tip toe up to the edge and just hang for a while.
Partly because I don't want to spoil some people's Christmas presents, and partly because my head still needs to put some order and cohesion to the thoughts and stirrings.

All I will say is that I'm restless but happy, restless but excited, restless and a little bit scared...in a good way.
I want to wrestle with whatever God is working in and through me. I want to be changed, transformed.

I know its a bit of cliche in the run up to a 'big' birthday and the New Year, but I seriously can't wait for my 30th at the end of the month. And I can't wait for 2013.

Bring it on!

No comments: