Wednesday 25 February 2009

Deep Pancakes

I love pancakes! That's a pancake fact.
And I loved my yummy pancakes that I had for dinner last night!
Pancake Day is one of the best days of the year!

But I have to remember that it's not just an excuse to eat copious amounts of delicious, sugar filled goodness. There is a reason why we eat pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. In preparation for Lent.

I’m not the kind of person to give stuff up during Lent. It’s not because I don’t have the will power! It’s just I struggle to think of one or two things that will make a difference to my live by removing them for 40 days.

So this year, I’m not going to give anything up, as usual. But I do want to take the time to do something that will make a difference. I want value the next 40 days and focus on something that will help me to change, to grow. I want to deepen my relationship with God and really begin to understand His heart for people and for me personally. And I’m looking forward to seeing how this will impact my relationships with those around me. With Phil, my family, my friends and work colleagues.

Ooh, and I’m gonna try to take lots more photos and develop my very novice skills!

No comments: